Monday, April 23, 2012

Speech Card Set Activity: Bang! - Speech Articulation Version

I came across a great idea for a flashcard game at Come Together Kids. As a classroom teacher, Laura played the game Bang! with her students when wanting to drill facts. Because I'm always looking for new games to play with articulation cards, modifying the game for articulation drill was the first thing that came to mind.


Find an old container to toss some cards into. Decorating it is purely optional. Toss in the articulation card deck of your choice and a few Bang! cards (found below).

Set a timer for a reasonable amount of time (3-7 minutes ish).

Taking turns, each player pulls out one card at a time without looking. If they say the speech card correctly (in isolation, times three, in a phrase, in a sentence, whatever way you like) they get to keep it in their pile. If not, the card goes back in the container.

If the player pulls out a Bang! card everyone yells Bang! and the player has to put their entire pile back into the can.

When the timer goes off the player with the most cards wins.




If you liked this card set activity you might also like:

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the awesome cards and activities.
    I will use them with my speech students.
    Suzie D. BASLP, MASG
    PS
    Do you have links to similar materials (flasg cards, etc in Spanish?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but I don't have anything at all in Spanish. I am shamefully monolingual. I'd try to do something, but since the sets are organized by phoneme, it wouldn't be a simple translation. All the cards would have to be completely reorganized. And, I suspect, the translations would not all be one-syllable, CV, CVC, or VC words.

      On the other hand, the pictures might still be useful to you. Just write in the Spanish translations at the bottom and resort by initial, medial, or final phoneme.

      Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

      Delete
  2. Love this idea! Thanks for your site. I'm an SLP student and have an apraxic client and this is wonderful site! You are so helpful. Thank you for all your downloadable items and your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Information very nice. I will follow post Thanks for sharing.
    Kizi Club | Kizigool | GamesHotAZ | Fri1 Girl | STACK BALL FUN | KiziY8 | PaCo Games | PoKi Games

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics