Saturday, March 10, 2012

Making Yarn Dolls

Pinterest is dangerous. I was browsing pinterest to find something quick to do with the children yesterday and came across a link to a page with a tutorial on how to make a yarn doll. I thought to myself, we have yarn. I bet the kids would like this activity.

Then I was sucked into a two-hour time warp where the first one turned out all right and was well received, but I knew the next one could be even better (and then both children could have one). After the second was complete I was so much better at it that I wanted to try a second girl doll.

So, here they are. The first attempt is a girl doll. The second attempt was a boy doll for Michael. I tried adding a smile. I have to admit, the end result was a little creepy. The third is another girl doll and my personal favorite. She was bigger than the first and so we called her the mama doll.

The children adore the dolls and I had fun making them so I consider the activity a success.



2 comments:

  1. Fun! My nana use to make these with me and we would braid the arms and legs and then make clothes for them. Such fun memories! I will have to try this with my daughter and son too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'creepy' orange doll doubles as a neat Halloween decoration.

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics