Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Children's Picture Book Review - Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site


I wanted to share this picture book with you. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site written by Sherri Duskey Rinker and illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld is a wonderful read. The gentle rhymes tell a delightful bedtime story. The story takes you through the last job of the day for Crane Truck, Cement Mixer, Dump Truck, Bulldozer, and Excavator and then puts each truck to sleep. The illustrations are beautiful and the details in the pictures provide discussion material independent from the story. Both my three year old son and my two year old daughter love this book and join me in whispering, "Goodnight" to each truck in turn. This book is a treasure.

4 comments:

  1. We love this book too! I have it on my Amazon wishlist to get Eli for his 3rd birthday next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The copy we're using now is from the library, but I definitely want to get a copy of our own. Amazon wishlists are wonderful aren't they? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for a lovely review and for passing along your recommendation to your readers! I hope you and your blog followers continue to enjoy my book.

    Warmly,
    Sherri Duskey Rinker, Author
    Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Sherri! We really do love your book.

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics